We always love to find new ways to incorporate vegetables into our diet and sometimes veggie substitutions to traditional snacks and sides make it easy to do so. When we discovered baked green bean fries – a dish that can be either a snack or a side and that is both nutritious as well as tasty – we knew we had something that would be making a regular appearance in our kitchen. And it has.
This recipe is super simple, pretty quick, incredibly delicious and versatile. We usually have it as our side with our chicken Adobo recipe or with a good steak instead of fries (think steak frites with a twist). We’ll also make them as a snack on their own or with our garlic aioli recipe.
No matter what you serve them with (or if you eat them on their own) these are a great way to incorporate vegetables and check off some nutrients in your day and enjoy doing it!
How To Make Baked Green Bean Fries
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs of green beans, washed and ends removed
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (depends on preference). If no parmesan is desired, substitute with additional Panko
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (additional just in case)
- 2-3 large eggs, whisked in a bowl & lightly salted
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- optional: pinch of cayenne pepper or tsp of paprika depending on preference, to add a bit of heat or extra spice
- Prepare a baking sheet with light coat of oil or use a non-stick pan
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan, pinch of salt and pepper and choice of additional optional seasonings.
- We usually spread out a sheet of foil and fold in all the sides and edges to form a lip. We’ll then place the bowl of beaten eggs at the top middle and pour the flour on one side on the foil and the bread crumb mix on the other to form a sort of assembly line. You can skip this and put everything in bowls instead.
- Take a handful at a time and roll in flour. Put into egg and, with a fork, coat completely.
- Take out of egg with fork and allow excess egg to drip off before placing in Panko mixture. Coat completely
- place coated green beans onto baking sheet in a single layer and bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Taste and sprinkle extra salt if desired
- Serve while hot.
Keep this post for later or share with others on Pinterest – just hover over the image below & click “Pin it”! If on MOBILE, tap the photo below & click ‘Pin It’ when it appears!