We’ve partnered with Sabra Canada to bring you this perfect pop-up platter idea but, as always, all opinions are our own and our enjoyment of Sabra hummus is as real as our passion for football!
There is one day of the year that perfectly combines two of our favourite things: sports and hosting a gathering. That day is Super Bowl Sunday. Most years we entertain at our place, working in the kitchen together to prepare all the eats for the big day, though we’ve been known to whip together something to bring with us to Super Bowl parties at friends’ houses as well. And though we like to spend time together in the kitchen, we prefer to keep our time there on the actual game day to a minimum so we can enjoy our guests and, most importantly, the game!
Over the years we’ve come up with different ways and different recipes to make entertaining simple, help us focus on each other and the day itself and yet still create with some crowd-pleasing food choices. We’ve also had some health issues that have led to some dietary restrictions and that’s really put a focus on incorporating clean and healthy options into our food choices when possible.
There’s one must-have that we recommend to anyone looking to put together their Super Bowl party menu because it not only offers an incredibly healthy yet tasty option but is pretty much a three step process on game-day and ends up looking great, tasting great and offering something for everyone.
Best Super Bowl Food? Sabra Pop-Up Party Platter!
We absolutely love putting together pop-up platters that burst with colour and flavour and creating one that involves only 3 steps when you’re getting ready for your guests to arrive? Priceless.
Step 1: Plate your pre-prepared dippers (see below for our recipes for fresh-baked pita & homemade crackers)
Step 2: Pop the lid of your favourite Sabra Hummus dip
Step 3: Enjoy!
Whether you’re making a larger platter for home or a smaller one to take with you to a party, these steps stay the same though you can choose from a variety of dippers and sides to plate – the options are almost endless. We also love how fitting it is that Sabra is The Official Dip of the NFL! Add to that, it’s a vegan/vegetarian, gluten-free and kosher dip and you’ve got something pretty much anyone at the party can enjoy!
We start with the dip as a focal point – picking up a variety of their flavours that we want to include. We love that we don’t have to worry about the dip at all as it is creamy, tasty and made by hummus experts so we know we’re offering our guests something great every time.
Next, we we choose dippers that we know are fan favourites. We love to match the quality of ingredients in Sabra dips and include a variety of fresh vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, celery, cucumbers and broccoli and will often through in some sides like nuts or fresh and dried fruit. It’s a healthy option that speaks to any type of diet or restriction and since Sabra’s hummus is an amazing protein-source it serves as a great centre to these veggies, fruits and nuts, creating a well-rounded party treat.
We’ll make sure to clean, chop and refrigerate the veggies the night before we need to put the platter together so we don’t have to worry about it before the party starts.
Upping Your Sabra Super Bowl Party Platter Game
Our love of cooking also lets us get creative with the types of dippers we can plate and so we’ll often make some fresh-baked pita and homemade seed crackers to go along with other dippers like tortilla chips. Both the pita and cracker recipes are also simple but absolutely delicious and round out this platter nicely.
Take a look at our homemade multi-seed cracker recipe for a healthy, gluten-free dipping option or see below for a super simple, 6 ingredient fresh-baked pita recipe – our favourite Sabra hummus dipper!
Like the veggies, we’ll also prep any dippers like the pita bread or crackers a day or two before as they can easily be stored and the pita re-heated when it’s game time ensuring you’ve got a truly quick and easy, pop-up platter on game day!
Tip: When we bring a platter with us to a Super Bowl party, we’ll often use a handled tray with our veggies around the Sabra hummus and bring our pita and crackers with us to put in bowls once we get there.
Want to make your own Sabra party platter for Super Bowl Sunday? Enter our giveaway by filling out the form after the recipe below to WIN your own handmade ceramic Sabra hummus bowl and coupons for free Sabra dips of your choice! It’s the perfect start to a quick pop-up platter for your game day celebrations!
6-Ingredient Fresh-Baked Pita Recipe
We’ve broken down the directions for these pitas, step by step but the overall process is incredibly simple and only requires 6 simple steps!
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Add yeast and sugar to a bowl and mix
- Add water and stir to combine
- Stir in olive oil, salt and two cups of flour until dough starts to form
- Use a little flour and your hands to knead in the bowl until a ball is formed (roughly 1 minute)
- Place dough on a floured board and knead for two more minutes (add flour as needed)
- Cover dough for 10 minutes
- Knead for 2 more minutes and then place in a clean mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and a towel
- Let sit for one hour until dough has doubled in size
- Place pizza stone or baking tray on bottom rack of oven and heat oven to 515F
- Divide dough into even portions – roughly 8 – and roll into balls. For small sized pitas, divide into approximately 32 portions and roll into balls
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes
- Roll each ball into a disc keeping it to a minimum as to not press all the air out. Each disc thickness should be 1/4″ or thinner
- When first ball is rolled out, flip onto pizza stone (if smaller pitas are being made, multiples can be placed at one time).
- Bake for 2 1/2 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 1 1/2 minutes or until pitas are slightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Repeat for each pita until finished.
- If you’d like them to be browned further, place all on a baking sheet and broil until desired colour, flip and repeat on other side.
Keep this post for later or share with others on Pinterest – just hover over the image below & click “Pin it”! If on MOBILE, tap the photo below & click ‘Pin It’ when it appears!